If you need a reminder of how important it is to live more fully – or if are like me, need a kick in the pants to get off our collective lazy such-and-such – then this is the episode for you.
Tony Ryals was born with Arthrogryposis, which causes joints not to function properly. It affects people in different ways, and in the case of Tony, the joints in his arms, legs, hands, and feet don’t work. Over time the muscles in those parts of his body weaken.
His torso and head are normal, his arms and legs are not.
Fast forward. He is now a painter with a gallery of his own in Jacksonville, Florida. He paints with his mouth.
I’ve said enough. Tony Ryals will fill in the blanks, and paint a small picture of a beautiful life.
By the way, in case you are wondering, Gas is marijuana.
Art of Hope resources
- Website Tony Ryals’s Gallery Website
- Facebook Tony Ryals’s Facebook Page
- Gofundme Tony’s Fundraising Page
- Onespark Tony’s Onespark Page (campaign complete)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (904) 955-HOPE = 4673
- Hope Haven Children’s Clinic Hope Haven Children’s Clinic
- The 10th Annual Arthrogryposis convention that is coming to Jacksonville, Florida
- Rick Ryals, Tony’s brother
- There is a worldwide movement of Mouth and Feet Artists. The art these gifted people create is wonderful. Here’s one Facebook page: Mouth and Feet Artists